Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Forgive Me

Forgive me my friend I've failed you
I should have realized you were watching me
Hoping for a glimpse of the Christ I know
Is all you've seen just patterns
Mere routines and pious words
When what you sought was love
Forgive me my friend I've let you down
I haven't really shown what you wanted to see
A glimpse of Christ living in me
Forgive me and I'll try my friend
Forgive me and I'll pray
That he will live his life in me
Shining for each day
So you will see the joy that he gives
So you will feel the peace that I know
So you will find the love He can bestow
So please forgive me my friend
For Jesus loves you so

by Jimmy & Carol Owens
Song on their album "Show Me Jesus"
This album was used for a Salvation Army Youth Council in the 70's.
Here is a link to listen to it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RUl6mf3q8

No comments:

Post a Comment